Jerseytrex Gets Engaged!

Fabu Two

While on vacation in Florida, Jerseytrex was at "lovers' key" cache when one of them fell and broke his foot. While he was down on his knee in pain... he figured it would be a good time to propose :) ... gotta love the spirit of these two!!! Can't wait 'til they get back to het the whole story!! I see a huge state forest wedding... with the wedding rings hidden somewhere in a cache...

Congratulations Jerseytrex!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love you guys!

First day there we go grab a couple of caches on Fort Myers Beach. First one goes ok as we meet up with a nice young fellow from Tampa there on business. So then we mosey on down to Lover's Key to look for a cache hidden in a state park. We had to pay 5 smackers to get in. So we did. Florida has been getting so much rain this month that it is flooding everywhere and all the time. The trails in this particular park were mildly flooded so we waded through slowly. After several attempts at the correct trail we finally figured the right one and headed a mile out. When we finally approached the hiding spot I spotted a "Racer" snake out of the corner of my eye. It whipped its tale at me but for all I knew it was its head right so I freak out like a little girl and go to jump away non to gracefully when my foot turns in my wet sandle and all 200lbs of my body comes and cracks my 5th metatarsal at the end of the bone. (I was told this was a good break, though it screwed my vacation up!) I scream in pain and drop to my knees saying "snake" in between gasps. Nikki thought I got bitten by a snake. When I finally calmed down I said what had happened and she was obviously upset. So we turned right around and she helped me limp slowly back to the car which was close to a mile away, through some fairly large puddles. Needless to say it really sucked. Half way back the sky grew very dark and cloudy as if it was about to pour on us. "GREAT, WHAT ELSE COULD GO WRONG!!!??" First day on vacation and we are already in a pickle. The only thing I could do was laugh. Nikki thought I was losing it. I said, "Nikki, I wanted to try and attempt romance this weekend but it has obviously been sabotaged by that wicked snake so I am going to ask you to marry me right here and now." I dropped to one knee like appropriate even though it hurt like a mother! She was shocked but extremely happy and of course said yes. I love Nicole and am extremely happy that she wants to spend the rest of her days with me. Thats the way it went down in Lover's Key Florida. And we thank everyone for their congratulations. It is appreciated. :laughing::laughing:

Thanks,

Mike & Nikki

Jerseytrex

Edited by Jerseytrex
Congrats to both of you! Could have happened to a nicer couple!

(although I am not quite sure 'romantic' and 'geocaching' go together! :lol:

LOL :D

Its true I don't think romantic and caching should ever be used in the same sentence. Usually Mike and I just argue over which way to turn, where to park, who gets to hold the GPS, ect. ect. That was quite a surprise! When Mike was yelling snake and holding his foot I thought of the movie City Slickers. :D No way!!!!

Congratulations! But keep in mind what happened to Adam and Eve when the snake got involved! (At least the snake wasn't in the actual proposal...and hopefully not in the ceremony, besides I don't think tuxedo makers have a tux for a snake!)

Best wishes again.

Klizich

Congratulations! But keep in mind what happened to Adam and Eve when the snake got involved! (At least the snake wasn't in the actual proposal...and hopefully not in the ceremony, besides I don't think tuxedo makers have a tux for a snake!)

Best wishes again.

Klizich

Everyone knows that Adam was the one who really ate the apple and hid the core in Eve's pocket. <_<

Rose just screamed when I mentioned you just got engaged. She is already planning your wedding cards, colors and marriage.... so watch out! :mad:

WooHoo!!!!! Better Rose then me I don't know where to start. I was about to purchase one of those Bridal magazines but when I saw the price I almost choked. Then reality hit me weddings aren't cheap. Not to worry there will be no dipping into what Mike and I call our "GEOFUND." Man do I have some wicked hides in mind. :D

Rose just screamed when I mentioned you just got engaged. She is already planning your wedding cards, colors and marriage.... so watch out!  :mad:

WooHoo!!!!! Better Rose then me I don't know where to start. I was about to purchase one of those Bridal magazines but when I saw the price I almost choked. Then reality hit me weddings aren't cheap. Not to worry there will be no dipping into what Mike and I call our "GEOFUND." Man do I have some wicked hides in mind. :D

A Geo-Wedding!!!

Nikki, you'll have to hide yourself in the woods and have the Best Man give Mike the Co-ords...

Make it a Multi with avroair, briansnat & Quoddy hide as the intermediate steps...

Or should it be a "?" cache???

Congrats from both of us...

1386.gif1385.gif

(objects on website are better looking than in real life)...

Many happy years!!!

Brian & Deb

p.s. you can always do what Deb & I did...

Elope and get married in your bare feet on a reef in the Caribbean!!!

Beats all the hassles of a big wedding...

Very romantic...

Then have a party when you get home!!!

Edited by Peconic Bay Sailors

"p.s. you can always do what Deb & I did...

Elope and get married in your bare feet on a reef in the Caribbean!!!

Beats all the hassles of a big wedding...

Very romantic...

Then have a party when you get home!!! "

Nikki's mom would kill her and myself if we tried that. My mom would probably be pissed too. We are gonna do what you mentioned but in reverse probably.

Thanks

:P