Quantum Leap Cache: Hard To Believe

The famed Quantum Leap cache. Folks taking this adventure on, and being sent on REALLY improbable, individually-designed adventures.

Now... I'm a fan of this cache as much as the rest of the 154 watchers on this cache, but the more I read the logs, the more my always-open mind is about ready to fall outta my skull.

Arranging 4 passports for other people for an instant trip abroad? How does one fill out and arrange a passport for another person without their knowledge? Booking a whole Hooters Air plane for cachers and doopping a mickey in cacher's drinks on the flight? ????!!! What else... one single human being being able to go all over the globe to arrange SO many individual cache adventures? Some cacher getting on a commercial jet with a Garmin, the navigation system on the jet goes out, and they navigate and fly the whole darn jet to the destination city with just the Garmin? (Insert other way-out examples here from the logs) WHAT the - ?

My enjoyment of the logs as they are made remains high as ever, but my belief in the adventure reports has finally snapped. I'm starting to wonder; no freakin' way, or what?

How can at least a few of the log reports on Quantum Leap NOT be really wonderful, enjoyable excellent... errr... how to say this... just SLIGHT stretchings of the truth, to put it tactfully?

Or is that Snoogans really a beyond-human, hyper-dementional wizard of magic who can mold and morph real-life reality for others in a delightful way the rest of us cannot?

wosat2.jpgwiz_crystal2.jpg

What's the deal?

Inquiring minds want to know! :)

Edited by Sparrowhawk

I was supposed to be on a plane to go to Quantum Leap, but I overslept and missed it. Now I am taking the train there unless Snoogans sends his plane to Nebraska to pick me up. I also need to find some specialized equipment for my bicycle. I figure I will get to finding my cache in a week or so.

I do believe, deah suh or madam, whicheveh you may be...

the congenial Snoogans has provided us with a wild spin to be revered once we re-uhlize the contents of each envelope puh-son-ally instruct each participant to fabri-kayt a puh-fectly scrumptious story and post it as a log.

*Ah-hem*

This is my own...puh-sonal...opinion. Of couwse!

Then a-gin, it may be an outright ad-ven-tuh, the likes of which has ne'vah been seen by man!

:)

* - * / * - *

snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good snoogans is good

I don't think they're gonna tell you. :P

I'm intrigued, too. It must be a real cache, otherwise people wouldn't be claiming legitimate finds on it... right? Also, if the trick were simply some weird logging requirement, the difficulty and terrain rating wouldn't be accurate. So many questions, so few answers...

I am now told that I definitely need my bike or a motor bike with something I can tow behind it to bring back my cache prize. I was also told a jeep might work but things get awful narrow at times and apparently my cache prize is heavy. I am definitely curious!!!! I was also assured that my location is in the US, yet I might want to take a malaria preventative before hand (which was delivered by Fed Ex to my office today. I thought a prescription was needed for that stuff and I am unaware of malaria as a US issue! :P ). Anyway, it looks like I will at least get a plane trip to the bunker area after all. I was given instructions to meet the private plane, which will apparently even wait around in case I am attending a baseball game when it arrives Sunday. I am assured that an envelope with details will be waiting there, that I can bring my bike on the plane, and that something to tow will be provided if I am not too wimpy to do so. Snoogans must have a hell of a lot of money!!!! I did hear that he won many millions a few years back and people say that he spends most of it on this cache and his cute little dog.

let me get this right..

You email him telling him you want to do the catch. If your too far to drive, he will fly you there.

You go to the bunker and get your envelope.

Follow your instructions and you will be on your own to fly all over the us or the world..

in the end of 40 caches, there is the final one and a "prize" for you

Our adventure with Quantum Leap was pretty mild compared to others. Even so, it was the greatest adventure in geocaching we've had to date. I know my wife and two friends that joined us sure got their eyes full! :P

Carleen, let us know when you get everything decoded and head for the bunker. We live only about 100 miles away and it would be a pleasure to get to meet you and maybe even shine the flashlight for ya when you go down to get your envelope. :P

Edited by Mudfrog
let me get this right..

You email him telling him you want to do the catch. If your too far to drive, he will fly you there.

You go to the bunker and get your envelope.

Follow your instructions and you will be on your own to fly all over the us or the world..

in the end of 40 caches, there is the final one and a "prize" for you

Well, either you go and take an envelope meant for people who just figure out the coords and show up, or you get an invite and a named envelope when you get there with more instructions. Since I am told my transportation and named envelope is waiting, I will see what happens. I think if you want a named envelope, then yes, you should email him. I got mine because I gave him ammo cans full of golf balls (long story) at GW3. He really likes golf balls BTW. If you find his cache leave some for him! :P

Of course that multi-million dollar lottery jackpot didn't hurt things either

Snoogans must have a hell of a lot of money!!!! I did hear that he won many millions a few years back

Ummmmm, ATTENTION ALL GeoBabes: I'm single. :P

Oh, and the dog is part of the package:

0fdbeb11-217a-424e-915b-da0a8e3abc2c.jpg

Edited by Snoogans

I would like to do it..

maybe I should go with vargseld all the way from NY.. It would have to be a few yrs down the road though, I don't have the cash for the trip..

I have only left NY like twice and have only flown in a mini plane once for like a little 30 min tour of the county. I don't get out much and don't travel much. Sometimes I fear that I will never see much of this great country. I live in central ny and the farthest away I have ever been was a couple days in virgina beach at a state park where me and my girlfriend drove down for a few days to see the ocean. I have only seen the ocean once. I have only seen one big city.

And now that I wrecked a snowmobile this winter and almost died (split spleen, 2 broken ribs, pnemonia), my whole year is pretty much shot. I can't do anything that is hard on my body. So looks like I am a fisherman. I can't shoot my bow, mountain bike, or ride my bros 4 wheeler (fast).

What do you think vargseld?? maybe by the time you have 999 caches I might have enough $$ saved up for the trip down to texas? I have only seen (briefly) a few states of this country, I think I need to see a few more..

Wow, you really have been through a lot, yeah you will need a good strong body and mental toughness for this cache.

My "mental" part is fine. I just can't jump up and down or whack myself in the belly. So if a cache involves me climbing up a vertical cliff, its not going to happen.. haha. :lol:

Wow, you really have been through a lot, yeah you will need a good strong body and mental toughness for this cache.

My "mental" part is fine. I just can't jump up and down or whack myself in the belly. So if a cache involves me climbing up a vertical cliff, its not going to happen.. haha. :lol:

Yeah also if you have any phobia to any type of animal.......

BTW- the evil golf ball is SCARY

Hey, Doc...when the other photo above was "doc"tored with another face, was the original photo that of Snoogans? I noticed the puppy paws are the same.

Edit: Or is that really the "before" shot of Carleen when she started the Beverly Hills grapefruit diet?

:huh:

I think I figured it out. Snoogans is another account for Amish Hacker. One in the same.

I'll betcha!

:huh:

Edited by tabulator32