Historical Society Caching

N1WWZ

Just wondering if anyone is also a member of a historical society? Do you schedule any caching events as a group with the society? I did a quick search in the forums and did not see any topics like this. As I am a active member of my local historical society the thought has run through my mind, caching as a group or setting up caches as a group.

N1WWZ

I work with a member of our local Historical Society. She's on the board and every now and then I'll get an invite for a tour that isn't normally public. It's cool. I've told her about caching and the only reason she has not picked up the hobby is time. She figures she would get addicted and then not have time for the other things she also likes to do (like the Historical society).

Every now and then she will drop a hint on where I should place a cache.

But to answer your question, no I'm not a member. :)

Historical Societies and Geocachers tend to not get along too well, historically. Something about finding Tupperware in the crevices of a pyramid tends to burn some of those historical society folks.

:)

And some of us are members of our local historical societies. I'm a member of my town's society and also a member of the National Trust for Historic Preservation.

Historical Societies and Geocachers tend to not get along too well, historically.  Something about finding Tupperware in the crevices of a pyramid tends to burn some of those historical society folks.

:D

And some of us are members of our local historical societies. I'm a member of my town's society and also a member of the National Trust for Historic Preservation.

Hey! You're the guys that do the commercials from the Vanderbildt mansion in Asheville! I love that place. I've always wanted to plant a cache in the formal garden greenhouse. Any pointers? (Just kidding.)

:)