Nevada Geocoin

Orange Hippo

I normally don't read the SW forum, but I saw your Nevada geocoin post tonight. It looks like this is still open for getting my name on a preorder list. If this is the case, I'd be interested in 1 silver and 3 of the regular coins. I also sent an email to the address from the first post. Thanks.

OK, here's my artwork. I don't live in Nevada but I visit there several times a year and one time I stumbled upon Project Shoal (while caching of course), hence the explosion. Then before geocaching I used to off-road and we were always told to watch out for the wildlife (which we did!), so that's why the tortoise is there. Finally, like the CA geocoin, I put in the centroid, N 39° 19.800 W 116° 37.933. So there you have it!

5d92f4d7-7faa-4ff9-9bae-a0f83c971320.jpg

I thought this one looked pretty bitchin... why not go with it?

If you want to have me reserve a certain amount of coins for you... please send email to

NV.geocoin@*@charter.net

REMOVE the * and one of the @ when you do - trying to cut down on spam! :)

I will start send an email back to you to confirm I recieved it. Thanks

I sent my e-mail Thanks :) Looking forward to the finished coins B)

Does anyone know the status of this coin?

orange hippo was working on it...he's mending at the moment

Anyone know how orange hippo is doing? I haven't seen him post in quite a while. Hope it's nothing too serious.

Hello everyone -

sorry for the very long delay for this coin -

mending pretty well - many thanks for the concern..

Artwork is at the minters of the coin -

will be posting what it looks like soon

Orange Hippo

INSERT COOL COIN PICTURE HERE

We thought this was gonna be the NV coin... :anitongue:

What's this one?!? Nevada Geocoins

From what I thought, and I went back and reread the thread, that this design was a suggestion from Maverix. It was posted only as a suggestion. No one either confirmed or denied the design. Orange Hippo was fronting this thread, but he had been laid up medically is why this sat for so long. The last word on artwork was OH's post of Nov. 6th saying artwork would be coming. I guess it did!

Edited by Shasties
From what I thought, and I went back and reread the thread, that this design was a suggestion from Maverix. It was posted only as a suggestion. No one either confirmed or denied the design. Orange Hippo was fronting this thread, but he had been laid up medically is why this sat for so long. The last word on artwork was OH's post of Nov. 6th saying artwork would be coming. I guess it did!

Cool! We were just wondering because we really liked the above design. Thx!

INSERT COOL COIN PICTURE HERE

We thought this was gonna be the NV coin... :laughing:

What's this one?!? Nevada Geocoins

That is the coin from the geocachers in the southern part of the state - Las Vegas area...

Nevada has two large geocaching groups... centered around the two largest metropolitan areas - Reno and Vegas

Politics in this state are about the same - split North / South

I learned about their coin a little while ago - not sure what the other side of their coin will look like exactly - if what I was told by one of their members is what they are going to use - the wording is "Nevada desert geocaching - not for the timid"

which is a very real statement in many parts of this state.

I hope they do well with their coin. I don't see any reason why it should not be a very nice coin to have along with the one I am getting produced.

Orange Hippo

As many people have emailed me wanting to drop their requests for the Nevada coin, as the southern Nevada group of geocachers have come out with their own Nevada coin - I am dropping this one as I do not care to invest heavily in something that may not even break even.... and many people do not care to purchase two versions of the "Nevada state coin".

Can't blame anyone but myself for the long delay in getting mine produced... that's life right??

Thanks

Orange Hippo

BUT i WANT YOUR COIN...I DO ... I DO... PLEASE DON'T CANCEL IT!!!! :lol::drama:

I just think people were confused. I would thrilled to have both coins and the *true collectors* would too. Maybe you could just start a new link since people were confused and call this "2nd Nevada Coin" or something?? Please don't give up!!

Go Dale....Go Dale....

LD's 2 ¢

As many people have emailed me wanting to drop their requests for the Nevada coin, as the southern Nevada group of geocachers have come out with their own Nevada coin - I am dropping this one as I do not care to invest heavily in something that may not even break even.... and many people do not care to purchase two versions of the "Nevada state coin".

Can't blame anyone but myself for the long delay in getting mine produced... that's life right??

Thanks

Orange Hippo

i wouldn't worry about not breaking even....just with the coin groups alone you will be able to sell 500 coins. i think you could sell 1000 no problem.

I would also still like the coin that OH proposed earlier in this thread. There are several states that have multiple coins. I believe they did all right. You may not sell 1000, but I would think 300 or 400 minimum wouldn't be out of the question.

I think there was a lot of confusion about the Nevada coin. OH had proposed his coin a while back and that's the way the thread was going. All of a sudden a Nevada coin came up for order in a thread in the main geocoin forum. I think everyone outside of the region thought it was the original one. Like any coins that come up for sale, everyone jumped on the bandwagon, afraid they were going to miss out. I myself thought it was the original coin proposed in this thread.

As a thought you might try taking your art to a thread in the main forum and testing the water to see how much interest there would be for your coin. You'd probably be surprised.