Forum Wars X

...You know, I was going to chime in and say I'm actually nastier and more argumentative face-to-face, then it occurred to me I'm not sure that's true any more. Horrifying to relate, but it's possible I've mellowed. I can't remember the last time I got into a blazing row with a co-worker or called a city employee bad names.

Somehow, that makes me feel rather sad.

You may be sad to be calm but it lets you be ever so much more effective. Clerks today can be tormeted by being calm as you lead them down the path that will cause them to *gasp* do their job. The torture shows up in their face. The outcome is certain but you can lead them down that path ever so slowly and enjoy the effects. The uses are endless.

What'd you do, run my plate?

No...I was just kidding.

Horrifying to relate, but it's possible I've mellowed. I can't remember the last time I got into a blazing row with a co-worker or called a city employee bad names.

The word is "matured". The process consists in large part of attenuating your emotions, and becoming more thoughtful. Don't lambaste that knuckleheaded city worker--talk him around to your way of thinking by appealing to whatever better nature he may have.

I have always made it a policy to try never to say anything electronically that I would not say face-to-face.  And I have never been comfortable with a completely anonymous nickname, which is why I use a nick derived from my actual name.

This sounds like great advice, I have been thinking about this a lot lately. From now on I am going to try to refrain from posting anything negative.

Wish me luck. :)

Yes, I can well imagine what led you to think about it. I have never seen anything but even-handed and reasonable posts from you, but we have both seen other behavior in another forum--and not without unintended consequences.

I have always made it a policy to try never to say anything electronically that I would not say face-to-face.  And I have never been comfortable with a completely anonymous nickname, which is why I use a nick derived from my actual name.

This sounds like great advice, I have been thinking about this a lot lately. From now on I am going to try to refrain from posting anything negative.

Wish me luck. :P

Yes, I can well imagine what led you to think about it. I have never seen anything but even-handed and reasonable posts from you, but we have both seen other behavior in another forum--and not without unintended consequences.

Well that's the STUPIDEST post I've ever seen!

/Sorry, I couldn't resist. :P

If the owner says to I will but if not then O'well the cache is MIA. I resently did a trip where two caches ere MIA. I found the spots told the owner such he said they were missing but nothing else. On another trip I told the owner I found where the cache should heen, and actually part of the cache was still there but the containter containing the log was gone so they said log it. It is up to you. I just sit on the fence I guess. If it is a micro in a parking lot I don't want to go back to o'well. But if it is a unique container/hide then I'll wait as that is what I like to see more then anything else.

cheers

As for you, Auntie, I know exactly who you are--and where you live--but rest assured that I will not show up at your door uninvited (not with your penchant for hardware).

What'd you do, run my plate?

You know, I was going to chime in and say I'm actually nastier and more argumentative face-to-face, then it occurred to me I'm not sure that's true any more. Horrifying to relate, but it's possible I've mellowed. I can't remember the last time I got into a blazing row with a co-worker or called a city employee bad names.

Somehow, that makes me feel rather sad.

Beware the Weasel, for I have met her, and although I have never seen her be anything but gracious, I admire her powers greatly. I have never seen her bare her teeth, but I can assure you, if she does, it will be done with great skill.