Geowoodstock

A worldwide "Meet and Greet" started by the folks in Nashville, namely Nashville Joe. This past event GWIII was held in Jacksonville, FL and from all reports, they pulled off a GREAT one!

Close. Actually I think JoGPS is the cacher who came up with the idea.

It was a great one. They stepped up to the plate and hit a grand slam home run.

Edited by mtn-man
A worldwide "Meet and Greet" started by the folks in Nashville, namely Nashville Joe. This past event GWIII was held in Jacksonville, FL and from all reports, they pulled off a GREAT one!

Also close but I would not call it a world wide event just because a few people from out of the country attended. By that definition my 3rd event was worldwide because 12% of the people there were from another country.

Its save to say that its a large fun event.

...I would not call it a world wide event just because a few people from out of the country attended. By that definition my 3rd event was worldwide because 12% of the people there were from another country.

Just curious: How many geocachers does it take to screw in a...uhm...how many out-of-country cachers does it take to make a world wide event?

Just curious. :rolleyes::(<_<

...I would not call it a world wide event just because a few people from out of the country attended. By that definition my 3rd event was worldwide because 12% of the people there were from another country.

Just curious: How many geocachers does it take to screw in a...uhm...how many out-of-country cachers does it take to make a world wide event?

Just curious. :rolleyes::(<_<

Good question. I side with Lapaglia's response though. I think just because an event has a few out of country visitors, it shouldn't be considered an international event.

One of my best friends is from Korea. If I invite him to my birthday party, is it automatically "K9's International Birthday Party"

I know that's sort of comparing apples and oranges, but I think Lapaglia makes sense...

I don't get to check this forum that often; is there a way I can find out about GW4 other than here? (e-mail, mayhaps?)

Your best bet is to check here from time to time, unless someone here takes it upon himself to e-mail you.

<<< putting on flameproof suit, flame away >>>>

Just curious. :o;):(

I dunno about anybody else, but the opportunity I had at GW3 to meet geocachers from Ireland and Sweden, and to renew friendships with geocachers from Canada and Germany, was pretty darn "international."

Sorry guys. How is it NOT a World Wide event? Anyone from anywhere in the world was welcome to attend. Whether they attend is irrelevant.

By defination an International event would consist of a minimum of 2 people from different countries. So one from the US and one from Canada, German, Sweden or wherever is an International event.

And yes, Team K-9 - your birthday party could be termed an International birthday party.

Close. Actually I think JoGPS is the cacher who came up with the idea.

It was a great one. They stepped up to the plate and hit a grand slam home run.

See this cache to find out some interesting facts about the first one. It has sure grown in three years.

GCP7C8 GEO-WOODSTOCK ONE

"World wide" indicates that it happened all over the globe. So since you couldn't attend the event from somewhere other than Jacksonville, I don't think that term applies..

"International" indicates that more than one nation was involved. People from several nations attended, so it was indeed an international event. I wish I could have gone.

"World wide" indicates that it happened all over the globe.  So since you couldn't attend the event from somewhere other than Jacksonville, I don't think that term applies..

"International" indicates that more than one nation was involved.  People from several nations attended, so it was indeed an international event.  I wish I could have gone.

World-wide

worldwide adj 1: spanning or extending throughout the entire world; "worldwide distribution"; "a worldwide epidemic" 2: involving the entire earth; not limited or provincial in scope; "global war"; "global monetary policy"; "neither national nor continental but planetary"; "a world crisis"; "of worldwide significance" [syn: global, planetary, world(a)] 3: of worldwide scope or applicability; "an issue of cosmopolitan import"; "the shrewdest political and ecumenical comment of our time"- Christopher Morley; "universal experience" [syn: cosmopolitan, ecumenical, oecumenical, general, universal]

If you are using #1 for your defination of World Wide - I would agree with you

If you use definations #2 or #3 - then you could portend to make that claim.

My personal preference would still be for using International in any case.