Delorme Street Atlas 7.0

Guest Zer0

Im new to this found out about geocache while watching TechTv. Doug through my things and found my delorme earthmate gps. My question is this how can I set a latitude and longitude coordinate for an endpoint so i can make my way to the geocache.I see in the find menu that there is an option to find by lat and long but it just moves the view into the vacinity and doesnt put a marker on the map. whats my easiest way to start geocacheing. Thanks for any help or suggestions

Guest Markwell

Actually, the online maps at Mapblast are really quite good. I've got Delorme's Street Atlas 5.0, but I've never upgraded since I found Mapblast online. Plus, Jeremy conveniently links you right to a map with the coordinates plugged in.

From there, you can click on the directions tab on the website, and enter your home address as the starting point. It should get you the most direct and quickest way there.

As far as Street Atlas, I've never used it in that fashion. At this point, I only use it when I can't get online for some reason or another.

Good luck!

thats great to get directions to the site but that doesnt allow you to monitor your travels via gps , or does it ? maybee something i didnt see.I have been playing around with street atlas and found out that if you create a text document with the latitude and longitude coordinates in it you can import it into streets and then set it as an endpoint. this would allow me to monitor my progress with my earthmate attached to my laptop. If there are other or better ways please post. I will try this out tommorrow. going on my first geocache expedition.

Thanks for the replys

Guest Prime Suspect

Ctrl-L. This will allow you to enter in the Lat/Lon. You should have the cross-hair option turned on for this (under the View menu). After you enter the Lat/Lon, the map will reposition to those coordinates. Press Page Down to go to maximum magnification. Right-click directly on the cross-hair, and set that as your route end. Street Atlas should navagate you to that point. Display the Monitor GPS Status panel to see your positioning.