Gpsmap 60cs - Where To Buy - Good Price?

Help :D I finally have the cash to upgrade my gsp from an etrex to a gpsmap 60cs. I have found it on walmart.com for around 410.00 the only issue seems that they do not stock this in stores, only available via web.

I am in Massachusetts and would love to find somewhere that I can purchase in person for a similar price. We are hoping to go away this weekend and I need to have it by then, hence why I don't want to wait and trust shipments. Any help? Thanks Iceburger

I'm also looking to buy this GPSr. The best price on the web seems to be at Buy.com ($393 less $50 rebate). Amazon is a little more expensive, but I did let them know of the Buy.com price so maybe they'll drop their's. I noticed they did drop the 76CS last week.

I agree with Briansnat, Amazon's shipping is very fast, you would probably have it by the weekend.

Cheers, Alan.

How much is the software for that,and do you need to buy any cables for it?

It comes with cables and mapsource sorftware to transfer routes, waypoints etc.

The extra "software" would be optional map software (City Select v. 6 and Topo USA are the most common). City Select is available for $120 or so online (a recent thread found it for $109 [edit: link] with shipping included). Topo is around $100, or maybe a little less.

Edited by Sputnik 57
Thanks Sputnik, that's a great deal. I have ordered one from there.

Please report back on their service and responsiveness, TYK. Inquiring minds want to know!

If you search these forums for GPSExplorer.com, you will see a number of complaints about them.

Most are about lousy customer service and shipping delays, but it seems customers eventually get their unit.

I have solved my issue :o Called around and did a similar thing to what I did when I bought my etrex yellow. Printed the price from walmart.com $409 and some change, walked into EMS (estern mountain sports) and got them to price match it.

They were selling it for retail of 499. They matched it without problem. The only question asked was if it the walmart price was online only? To which I replied NO! I could find NO walmarts within 100 miles that stocked it so I couldn't find out for sure :( Anyhow I have my gpsmap 60cs for 429 with tax before rebate... and I have it in hand ;) Congrats to me hehehehe.

You might want to try GPSonSALE. The price today for the 60MAPcs is 369.99. I bought mine in April 2004 when the price was 400. The service was fast. I recently bought mapping software from them and the prices were competitive.

I second this. Best price I found and fast service. 12/04

I sure wish I had known that about West Marine. Funny thing is I went there to pickup some fabric spray and started looking at the 76cs. I mentioned to the guy that I was interested in one and guessed that I would have to buy it on line because of such a big price difference and he said that they just cant compete with the guys selling out of their garage. I said that several had store fronts and he never said anything about that policy or I would have bought one then on the spot.

Thanks Sputnik, that's a great deal. I have ordered one from there.

Please report back on their service and responsiveness, TYK. Inquiring minds want to know!

If you search these forums for GPSExplorer.com, you will see a number of complaints about them.

Most are about lousy customer service and shipping delays, but it seems customers eventually get their unit.

As the order wasn't showing as shipped yet, I called them this morning. They gave me the tracking number and it did ship yesterday, but from CA, not NY where I live, despite me choosing their NY warehouse for the dispatch point. So now I guess I'll just have to wait until it arrives. Will let you know.

Cheers, Alan.

I don't understand why people would pay $120 for City Select when you can buy a Garmin Laptop Unit with Pack-in City Select for less.

I got the GPS18 w/ City Select for $80 after rebate ($25 I think) and it included extra unlock codes that I used with my 60cs.

Well, the unit arrived on the 14th. Took a week to ship from California. I'm prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they didn't have any in their NY warehouse. Apart from shipping it across the country I don't have any complaints, everything I ordered was included and the unit seems to work well.

So, overall I'm happy with their service. Say 8/10.

I went the in a different direction. I bought the Garmin V for $199 and that included the 12V travel cord along with the City select. I can use both accessories with my 76CS. It also gave me an extra GPS to keep the kids away from mine.

I'm not much on putting a laptop on my dash. Sort of gets in my way and makes me feel guilty because I'm having fun and not working.

You will also notice the “strange look” people give you when your walking around in the woods with a laptop.