Going Somewhere Slowly: 2006 Tb Race

GlobalRat

My surfer boy has been dealt a cruel blow, totally below the belt he was placed in Stoddard's demise by Team TGF. So this has him shouting for HELP Please can someone help him, I fear his chances are diminishing with the blow he has been dealt. So for the love of caching somebody please help the guy out so he has a chance. :)

Sorry :rolleyes: If he is not retrieved soon Ill move him to a cache with more traffic.

Edited by TeamTGF

My race is over :blink:

Amnesty is GREAT! Smile am be happy all is forgiven. Saved this guy and will help him "pick up the slack" and find a pit-stop.

Sorry :mad: If he is not retrieved soon Ill move him to a cache with more traffic.

SAVED! I remember talk of beer flowing uphill from KZN to F's house! :mad: What we do for other cachers.

----

Now it is time to find a cache for these guys, and not to try too hard to help the competition. :D

With the 2006 race going into the home strech, who is going to run the 2007 race? Is it maybe a WC cacher's turn?

Noddy and I were chatting about this exact topic this morning. We decided to post-pone the final decision till we have beers in hand and are in the same time zone (KZN is a little behind). I dont mind helping out or working on it, but maybe a group effort would add to the race.

Part 2

SHOUT

AAAAAHHHHH!.... (for the shout bit) :rolleyes:

My folks are going to Knysna/ Plet this weekend so I could organise to get then to drop the bugs with someone, but I don’t want to inconvenience them (Mom’s 60th BDay present) so it would have to be and easy exchange/ left at a hotel desk for a cacher to pick up… It would also probably breaks some race rules.

All the same let me know ASAP so I can put it to my folks and judge their response.

Part 2

If they want to stop by George (they might have to stop in Kaaimans) I can meet them and pick up the TB's and place them in a safe cache here. I suggest Beasts of Burden (close to the George airport) or Secret Wings - Pygmy trees and bumble bees (close to Kaaimans Pass). Both very secure caches!

Dude is a little too far out of time for me to fetch him in the next two days.

Also I can not fetch him from the cache yet since it hasn't yet been two weeks since i placed him. If he arrives in my are I will try and grab him.

Part 2

The non-geocacher is flying to PE on Tuesday morning. If I can get some TB's than she is willing to move them along. We can contact Perdix for a pick up since I don't really want her and the 7-month developed soon-to-be cacher trying to locate a cache on their own. She will be staying in the center of PE, Mill Park cache area.

Let me know by Sunday to arrange things. Later,

PE come in…..come in… kom in..kom in…..Ngena…ngena

Kaapstad let wel, Cape Town Take note, ATTENTION.

Plenty of TB’s in your hood and in your hands… please help them out.

Now you guys wake up?! You had the whole year to get here, sheesh and I thought the EC was slow paced! ;)

:laughing: The PE saga continues. :unsure:

I am looking for someone to pick up Warthogs TB "Rumpus Compass" from How Green is my Valley in PE and meet up with a friend of mine on Saturday morning or Sunday this weekend (24th November) somewhere in PE so the bug can get back to JHB. This is the only lift that I can find for the poor stranded guy.

If there are any PE cachers available please let me know ASAP so I can try and organise this.

The banana express is making stops in JHB, Cape Town and PE this week.

I have currently got my sticky fingers onto Cash Bug and Machu Picchu.

Where do you want them to go, but they will need someone to pick them up and take them to a cache and if required get them back onto the banana express.

:unsure:

Rumpus Compass is still stuck in "How Green is my Valley" in PE. My rescue attempt is still ongoing with a friends brother now trying to get to the cache. There seems to be a new building development in the area blocking the easy access.

Should the bananna be in the area please try pop past the cache to help Rumpus Compass back to JHB.

Should the bananna be in the area please try pop past the cache to help Rumpus Compass back to JHB.

If the Banana Express stop in Jhb, after collecting Rumpuss Compass from PE, I may be willing to pay for a few cold ones, to fill the tank again :unsure:

Edited by warthog

The banana express is leaving PE at 10h00 on Saturday. On board is a bug that needs dropping off and if possible an oportunity for any bugs wishing to leave PE. Now like any train the banana express can't leave the rails and go to a cache. Are there any transport companies / cachers willing to assist?????

:laughing::laughing:

:) HELP! HELP! HELP! :D

PLEASE could someone out there help our genetically modified mutant tortoise, Timothy? He is currently in Urban Tag#1 and desperately needs to get some more mileage and get himself to the final cache.

:D We would greatly appreciate your help!

Yeah! Im officially on leave! Im going out that way tomorrow to do some caching so Ill bring him to some high traffic caches.

<_< HMM it would seem that a certain race bug is making quite a number of rapid assisted moves close to the final. :ph34r: HMM perhaps an investigation should be opened and investigated by the stewards :wub:

On a lighter note could someone please drop off DUDE in the final cache He is presently residing at In Funny Money, so that he can at least finish the race as i dont think he will win.

On a lighter note could someone please drop off DUDE in the final cache He is presently residing at In Funny Money, so that he can at least finish the race as i dont think he will win.

Will be attempting an "assist" move this weekend to pick up all the straglers, if that is not against the rules. <_< Hoping to drop all the bugs off in the final cache with Brick on the 31st. Should any cacher need a bug moved please PM me so I can make plans for it.

If there are any CT people comming to JHB, please grab Jolly Jumbo from Top Billing and Machi Phutchu from Sherwood and drop them in JHB ASAP. We are still waiting for the shipment of TB's to arrive from the sandpit. I think that covers most of the bugs, oh and Speed Wobble will also be dropped then :ph34r:

So where does Dude want to go? I heard something about a trip to Stoddard's? :wub:

:D HMM it would seem that a certain race bug is making quite a number of rapid assisted moves close to the final. :( HMM perhaps an investigation should be opened and investigated by the stewards :D

Somehow I agree with batsgonemad. Why so many assisted hops at the end of the race ? Well, all I can do is sit here in London and watch what is happening. :D

Maybe a plan can be made.......

B)

We are not sure if the banana express is going to be running again this year. We are desparately looking for a lift for three bugs up to the goldmine. If anyone can help, please give us a shout.

If we can get these 3 safely back, then every bug has passed safely through the sandpit, except of course one that never got started and one that was dropped off near Cape Town international.

:(B):P:D:DB):D:D:huh::(B):DB)

Edited by Noddy

:) Seems like a plan may have been made. ;)

Via a subtle hint on Speed Wobble's log it seems like he is going to be manhandled into the final cache. If possible can he be placed in any cache, since we were really looking forward to crossing the finish line with him. F (Part 2 of QFC) has been to all of the pitstops in the race (this year), bar the final and was really looking forward to finishing the race with his bug..........

Speed Wobble's goal states that he is not to be placed in the final pitstop, since his owners want to place him there, but we will see. :)

CE LA VI

The final push is on its way.

I currently have:

Cache Bug,

Totally Turtled,

Rabbid Rooster and

Dude

on my coffee table. They are waiting for the 31st to take a drive off to the final pitstop.

I will hopefully pick up Timothy, the mutant GM Tortoise tomorrow, so that is 5 in total.

Two bugs are frantically trying to get from KNZ to JHB.

and Two bugs are bogged down in sleepy CT.

I think that is all I am helping.

The offer is open to all.

One the side:

I am looking for someone in JHB to help bugs through Magnaminous. Please let me know.