Going Somewhere Slowly: 2006 Tb Race

GlobalRat

I was thinking of establishing a "Stargate" cache here in South Africa, but due to the number of users around, I don't think it has merrit yet; Maybe I am wrong, but that should be a different topic.

However, how would a Stargate affect our Travel Bug Race?

I was thinking of establishing a "Stargate" cache here in South Africa, but due to the number of users around, I don't think it has merrit yet; Maybe I am wrong, but that should be a different topic.

However, how would a Stargate affect our Travel Bug Race?

I see a stargate as a legit mechanism as it is part of the game. Posting of TB's in a race outside of this would be frowned upon. However stargates are generally used for overseas travel. We had this discussion late last year and some folks were going to concentrate on some TB hotels..... mmmmmmm

Seems like my bugs race is over! :wub::ph34r:

It is now stuck with TOXICSOX since 8/03/06 and it is not being released!

Maybe this is just a plot :wub:;) mmmmmmm.........I wonder............. :wub:

:wub: Oh dear. Anyone know Toxicsox? Doesn't seem to be particularly active. Bit rude of someone to make off with a well marked TB.

Seems he/she has cached with clifford & donovan see if you can track this cacher down through them, although they're not that active either, but perhaps some of the local Capetonians have had contact with them.

Hey,

I sent a mail to him about 3 weeks after he picked up the TB... Check out below for furthr details.

Hi There.

Sorry , work has gotten the better of me. Will place it

asap.

Once again Sorry....

Toxicsox

On Thu, 6 Apr 2006 07:17:25 -0700

<QFC@GeoCaching.za.net> wrote:

>--This message was sent through http://www.geocaching.com

>

>Hey there ToxicSox

>I see that you retrieved the racing TB "Simply the best" a

>while ago. I am tracking the TB race on our web site and

>are wondering if you have placed the bug yet.

>

>I would be cool to see some milage on this bug since it

>has only been in the hands of a few people.

>

>Thanks.

>Brendan from QFC

Seems to be quite a decent chap, maybe he is just off the geocaching scene for a while... "Give him a-nudder chance!" :smile:

:o

Lift Offered !!

I will be in JHB on the 29th May - 1st June 2006 and then going back to DBN. Two weeks later I am heading down to CA. I will be staying close to Hearth & Light in JHB. Any TB's wanting a lift must give me a shout.

:unsure:

At least one road to the eastern cape goes through Joburg, via Burgersdorp :ph34r: - This weekend in fact, I might just pay a visit to Magnanimous before I go and see which bug is worthy... hehe. Looks like hardly any bugs have been to PE. Part 3 of QFC

We will be heading down the Garden Route on Saturday - not sure of the final arrangements, but am hoping to rescue some bugs from Cape Town and bring back to PE.

If any bug owners have special requests then large bribes will be accepted, alternatively we'll grab what we can and deposit in PE.

I see that Machu Pichu (?) Flute is near PE, would have loved to take him to CT, but wont get to him before the weekend. Anyway Vespax is no stranger to the EC, and will probably move the bug himself.

Back to the topic at hand... Noddy has been working hard at keeping the racing TB movements up to date. Currently this is what their tracks around the country look like...

20080802SATBRace2006.jpg

You can check select the google earth map with all of the TB stops or per TB at Track the 2006 TB Race. After a long run at the top of the milage ranking Speed Wobble has been topped by that Rabbit Rooster who has now travelled 4869.84 km in South Africa. Speed Wobble follows at 4561.40 km.

The above map was pulled from All TBs in the race

Enjoy the race

Posted Aug 1 2006, 10:18 AM

We will be heading down the Garden Route on Saturday - not sure of the final arrangements, but am hoping to rescue some bugs from Cape Town and bring back to PE.

If any bug owners have special requests then large bribes will be accepted, alternatively we'll grab what we can and deposit in PE.

I see that Machu Pichu (?) Flute is near PE, would have loved to take him to CT, but wont get to him before the weekend. Anyway Vespax is no stranger to the EC, and will probably move the bug himself

Peridix DUDE is sitting in PA Tieties GCQHDE if you can help him to CT please.

Or if anybody can help him to CT PLEASE

thanks

tim :laughing::laughing:

Well we had a fun, if rushed, trip to CT. Managed to find a balance between caching and other holiday activities. Also managed to grab Scallywag, who will now be placed in PE.

Thanks to Discombob for suggesting other quick caches and meeting us for lunch - sadly the weather was about to turn for the worse, so not much caching.

Also sadly, I could not get to the other race TB's :laughing: , hope they find their own way!

Edited by perdix

GR, GR.... come in GR... <crackle>

hmmm.... wanted to check on the status of the racers, though the globalrat.com website seems to be a little fuzzy :laughing: has the new little geo-rat already got his hands on the website? :rolleyes:

<crackle>........<crackle><crackle>......<crackle>....

Thanks.....<crackle>for.....<crackle>......<crackle><crackle>....heads.....<crackle><crackle>up.

Thankfully the new little one was caching and not toying with sophisticated PHP :mellow:

The web host has screwed up, but this link will take you to the main page.

Will hopefully get a chance <yawn> this <yawn> week to <yawn> update the rankings...zzzzzzzzzz