Bad Things Found In A Geocache

I've been considering bringing along a couple pairs of Latex gloves for caching... it's sounding like a better idea all the time!

I wish I had been wearing gloves at a cache I found yesterday. It was an ammo can. The last entry on the logsheet stated they found the cache by accident. The muggles then wrote "Peace and Posterity through the Purity of our Body Fluids". I interpretted that as they must have peed on the container. Fortunately we had some disinfectant hand cleaner back at the car.

Edited by The Navigatorz

I just did some maintenance on one of my caches today, where recent finders reported finding "contraband." No one was willing to remove it though, afraid that if they happened to get pulled over on the way home, the officer might somehow find said contraband on them <_<

So my wife and I trek out to the cache. Sure enough there is a small ziplock bag in it with some sort of leafy substance. The bag had a hole in it so there was a bunch of it all throughout the cache. There was also what looked like a logsheet in the bag which said something like "took coins, left spleef." Closer examination revealed the logsheet was a stack of cigarette papers :angry:

And just in case I had a use for it, I also found a lighter in the cache. :(

I dumped all the organic stuff into some nearby bushes and trashed out the other stuff. However after smelling the bag, I think it was all a hoax :mad:

It seems as we are quite a happy little gang here in Sweden.

People do muggle caches and leave strange things but the worst thing I've ever found in a cache so far is bread with small green furry spots on it.

Does anyone know what kind of bread that is? :o

Abusive logs are rarely seen.

People tend to be glad we're out there beacause a common thing is muggle comments about the thrill of finding the cache.

Very often a start of a new geocacher I think.

Wow...there have been some pretty awful things left behind. They *have* to be by muggles. Totally gross.

Makes the used mascara tube we found in one box look pretty tame by comparison.

Although, we did place a cache in a spot that turned out to be a ganji drop spot (had a scale and all the paraphernalia present as well). The stuff wasn't in the cache, but in the same huge tree. Police got involved, and let's just say we won the tree! No more drug activity there. Clean as a whistle now. (Great tree, too!)

What was fun: the police have GPSr's in the cars, so they went right to the coordinates I gave them within minutes and took immediate action. My blunder: it was a puzzle cache, and I was so nervous that I gave them the puzzle's false coordinates the first time instead of the coords to the actual container. Their comment when they called, "Um, Miss, you sent us to the center of town by a pizza parlor?"

Hi,

in our area here in germany there is a team that almost always uses small bottles of a drink with 40% alcohol (namely: "Underberg") as trade items.

Obviously no one else here is offended by that.

(It's even mentioned in the logs as trade items)

So I've switched to stating 'no alcohol' in my cache listings.

Though this shouldn't be necessairy because it's already in the set of rules.

We found a cache that some stoner muggles had found. They apparently cleaned out whatever was in it, left it open in the rain and trashed the logbook by drawing pics of weed & writing nasties about how they found the stupid website book and that geo idiots are nerds, blah, blah, blah.

Thankfully it wasn't a cache the little chalupes were able to get too, the river was too high and they had to wait on the banking, rather than trying to jump rock to rock.

Wow I hope strange stuff doesnt end up in the caches around here.The stangerst thing I ever found was when I lifted the cache lid a rubber snake tied to it came out of the container.I didnt see much humer while picking myself off the ground and walking the 20 feet back to the cache.But My wife almost wet herself laughing.

We Found a cache in Enid Okla the other day we are pretty sure was full of urine. I got it all over my hands and it ruined the entire cache for me. We laugh about it now but at the time I was pissed about the piss. I'm all about a good joke but this is just unsanitary! Also, an old Boy Scout buddy of mine was telling me about how he has found a couple of joints in caches around his area. Sure, he's big enough to take care of it but just like everyone has been saying.... kids find these too.

- Jave042

:rolleyes: While searching for the Music Mound Cache (A MICRO) in Berea, Ohio. I found a Cache of Adult Books and Magazines. :blink: This is why at age 36 I don't consider myself an adult.

You know I don't go to Adult stores, read Adult Books or watch Adult movies.

Oh the Adult cache was dumped in a near by dumpster.

Wow I hope strange stuff doesnt end up in the caches around here.The stangerst thing I ever found was when I lifted the cache lid a rubber snake tied to it came out of the container.I didnt see much humer while picking myself off the ground and walking the 20 feet back to the cache.But My wife almost wet herself laughing.

That's happened to me before, sort of. I found a cache with a rubber snake in the bottom under all the swag. Kinda startled me, and my girlfriend jumped a good few feet backwards. What made it startling, really, was that the cache container was quite damaged so a real snake definitely could have gotten in there.