Bad Things Found In A Geocache

I recently read about a cache that someone found that was filled with urine and a note that said "sign this log if your a butthead"...

I want to hear of the other bad things people have found. I am guessing that this mostly happens when a muggle discovers the cache. And this is the first time I have heard of something bad. The certain cache I am talking about was hidden in a playground area somewhere.

I would love to catch someone doing that. I hope we never have to get to the days where we have to set up a "trail cam" (used for finding deer) to keep an eye on our caches.

Found a cache in Delaware filled with crap. Another Geocacher was at the cache as I walked up and he announced to me that someone had filled it with feces but that he had dumped it all out. I could see that! Then he says that there wasn't too much on the log book. He tries to hand the log book to me so I can sign it. NO WAY DUDE...don't need a find that bad! :)

I am glad that this list isn't longer..

Heck, with 172,000+ active caches out there, you're going to get a bozo now and then who puts something inappropriate in a cache. It seems that 90 percent of the time its an accidental fider and not a geocacher who is putting this stuff in the caches.

Considering the number of caches out there, the list here is pretty short and that's good.

I would have to say the worst thing I've found in a cache would be LIVE AMMUNITION that would be just great for a small kid to get a hold of. I mean who the heck carries .223 shells in thier back pocket and gets to the cache and says " hmm I sure would like to have that TB, oh wait it got some .223 shells I can trade for it!"

I went to one of my caches to get a T/B to take from NY to Mich. and found two dead fish that had been in there for over a week. Everything else that was any good including the T/B was gone. The idiot even signed the log book and left a phone #.

Lately around here we have been finding $1 store knifes that are on the no-no list. At least they are new.

I went to one of my caches to get a T/B to take from NY to Mich. and found two dead fish that had been in there for over a week. Everything else that was any good including the T/B was gone. The idiot even signed the log book and left a phone #.

Lately around here we have been finding $1 store knifes that are on the no-no list. At least they are new.

wow, did you call the number? Who was it the land owner?

Only bad thing we've found in a cache -- cigarettes. Easy cache, kid-friendly. Didn't think something like this should've been in there.

(Don't know that there's a specific provision against them, unless you consider them "drugs" ..., but still not a good idea especially in a cache like this!)

Edited by RandLD
I would have to say the worst thing I've found in a cache would be LIVE AMMUNITION that would be just great for a small kid to get a hold of. I mean who the heck carries .223 shells in thier back pocket and gets to the cache and says " hmm I sure would like to have that TB, oh wait it got some .223 shells I can trade for it!"

Yep, me too. A bullet in a cache near a covered bridge.

A friend found a lilipop of a questionable (adult) shape:

:laughing: January 17 by XXXx&XXXXXXX (2421 found)

Found this one while caching around XXXXX with the XXXXXXXXX. We were very unhappy to find a piece of XXX (adult) candy, in the cache. We aren't prudes, but COME ON PEOPLE! What was someone thinking????? Kids go to these caches too!! Use your brain, this IS a family sport!! Thanks for the cache, it was a good hide. Sorry for the disgust, XXXX&XXXXXXX

Worst thing we've found so far was a log page that had been muggled with horrible obscene messages to all geocachers. Hey, at least they didn't trash the cache. As we go paperless, I checked the recent logs, and found that prior finders had mentioned the naughty messages, but the owner hadn't been by to clean it up.

We weren't sure if it was proper etiquette, but since the page was all by itself we were able to remove it without removing anyone's legitimate logs - so we removed it, packed it out and destroyed it. Lots of kids go to this cache, and we didn't want them to find that kind of language.

Other than that, the worst thing has been poison ivy all around the cache. :P

found a beer unopened that a muggle put in one of the oldfarts caches that has since been disabled. :ph34r: log said found your stupid cache and left a beer

dragon clan

I have been to a few caches where I told my girfriend

"I hope the last finders left a cold 6 pack in this thing!!!! I am dieing!"

I have never heard of a cache that had a theme that wasn't approiate*

I imagine that there are some out there that say "This isn't a cache for your kids! Contents may not be kid friendly"