Wi Geocoin

G-Rovers

Why wait around for the WI association to do something.  Make it!

I have no clue on how to get a coin going or where to start....

You start with some ideas. What will make your coin unique? What Wisconsin feature would work on your coin?

Look at some other coins and find some things you like and don't like. Toss ideas around.

That's a start. Oh yeah, you need someone with some graphics skills to help out. Either someone good with a graphics package, or general graphics skills.

Why wait around for the WI association to do something.  Make it!

I have no clue on how to get a coin going or where to start....

What Wisconsin feature would work on your coin?

A wheel of cheese, or a coin looking like a wheel of cheese with holes in the coin .I don't think I've ever seen a geo coin with holes in it.

All I found were three designs on the WGA website. I liked this idea the best:

front.jpg

There have been other suggestions for the back involving deer and a bird too.

Is there an official design yet?

When is the order site coming up? ;)

Edited by nscaler

I'm telling you that the more different the coin is the more you will sell. and the more people will want it.

the wheel of cheese look with the holes in it will be a good seller.

not to be a bummer or whatnot but the coins you shown in this thred look very plain to me and I'm sure other people will agree.

I'm telling you that the more different the coin is the more you will sell. and the more people will want it.

not to be a bummer or whatnot but the coins you shown in this thred look very plain to me and I'm sure other people will agree.

The holes would probably work out just as well in the deer as they would in the cheese. :P

Edited by Rupert2

The holes would probably work out just as well in the deer as they would in the cheese. :)

:P:P:P

The voting has been completed and the deer design will be on the back. There might still be a few design tweaks, and the coin will soon be available.

Bec

(by the way, I'm not involved in the whole design and sale part. I'm just a voting WGA member. I wanted a badger on the back myself -- we're the badger state -- but it was too hard for someone to draw.)

Go to the Wi geocaching forum for ordering information. At this point, they're still in the designing process, so I have no clue when they'll be made available for ordering.

And I'll just mention again, I have no involvement in this coin -- I'm just a Wi geocacher.

Bec

Right - it sounds to me, from what they're saying, that ordering will be done through the WGA online store - similar to how Michigan sold theirs. I'm sure it will be announced when ready.

We were supposed to have ordering of the Wisconsin Geocoin up and running this morning, but are experiencing some minor technical difficulties. Hope to have them resolved very soon.

-Tie

Treasurer – Wisconsin Geocaching Association

Where can people order the coins at? I would like to get 2.