Longisland Area anyone?

Guest Dino

Guest swangner

I live on LI, and am involved. So far, the only caches I've hunted are in Westchester (I work up there, so I've gone after work). I'm planning on hiding a few myself on LI when the weather starts to get a bit warmer.

Guest Nostromo

I placed cache with an eMap, I see you found it with one. Was the reading close?

Sorry about the mud, it was all snow this morning.

Glad you and your daughter enjoyed the find, you are the first people to ever find anything I've left.

When I come back, I hope to visit a cache you've placed icon_smile.gif

-Nostromo

Guest Nostromo

I placed cache with an eMap, I see you found it with one. Was the reading close?

Sorry about the mud, it was all snow this morning.

Glad you and your daughter enjoyed the find, you are the first people to ever find anything I've left.

When I come back, I hope to visit a cache you've placed icon_smile.gif

-Nostromo

well, actually It said I was around 52ft or so away from the find, but trees overhead maybe the cause of it, other than that, I would of NEVER found the cache without it icon_smile.gif

thanks..........Dino.

well, actually It said I was around 52ft or so away from the find, but trees overhead maybe the cause of it, other than that, I would of NEVER found the cache without it icon_smile.gif

thanks..........Dino.

Guest Nostromo

Ok, then it must have been the trees. I usally let the eMap take many readings (50 or more) for averaging, but I cut it short, due to time constraints. I'll try to get it closer next time.

I'll be back in March, so I'll see if I can get a better fix.

Guest swangner

Nostromo, no need to apologize. 50 feet isn't that big of a deal. If a hunter is depending on their GPS unit to get them closer than 50 feet or so, they're kidding themselves anyway, especially in wooded areas. Inside that distance, they should be using their eyes anyway icon_wink.gif

Guest swangner

Nostromo, no need to apologize. 50 feet isn't that big of a deal. If a hunter is depending on their GPS unit to get them closer than 50 feet or so, they're kidding themselves anyway, especially in wooded areas. Inside that distance, they should be using their eyes anyway icon_wink.gif