Gw4 Hosting Invitation

A selection committee has been formed to accept proposals to host GW4, We have heard from some folks who have expressed a general interest in hosting GW4 next year but the time has come to discuss specifically who is interested and how much they are interested. The primary purpose and discussion involved in this thread is Where and Who should host GW4 next year? The committee has established the following list of questions we would like to have answered in the means of a formal proposal submitted by email to the committee. Our purpose is to be able to make an informed decision and be able to judge all interested groups on the same criteria. We want to see GW4 continue to grow and be as successful as the previous Woodstock events.

Please use the following questions as a guideline for your proposals:

1 The Name and Size of your organization

2 The experience your organization has with putting on events (please specify size of events)

3 The date you think you would want to host GW4

4 A preliminary layout for the event ie a basic schedule of events

5 The cache density of the immediate area.5, 10,20 miles radius

6 Any ideas on how you propose to pay to host the event.

All submittals can be sent to thefederation@joimail.com and I will forward them to the committee there is no deadline for submitting proposals but we would like to get initial proposals within the next 3 to 4 weeks. After that we will follow up with more specific questions and hopefully have a decision made by mid to end July. While we appreciate any comments supporting the groups that submit proposals in this forum we will only consider those groups who have actually submitted a formalized proposal to the committee. I have asked the forum Moderators to help as much as possible in keeping this thread on topic and not letting it become a free for all discussion. Please feel free to support your group or area but please try to keep the thread on topic.

NEFGA would like to offer our services and any assistance we can to the next group who gets GW4. If you have any questions in preparation for your proposals please feel free to email me and I will get you an answer as quickly as possible.

Interesting questions. Did you guys have to provide all the answers to the above questions or was it a bit more casual?

Its an event for Christ sake not a Government Contract!

There is a committee???? Didn't Joe make the decision all by himself for you guys?

Its not bad enough we had all the junk getting GW3 going, all the fun breaking and bending of the guidelines now there has to be a committee to pick the next place.

Just throw everyones name in a hat and pull out a name. Trust who ever wins to do a good job as you were trusted to do a good job.

I would still like an answer to my questions. They are valid questions. I represent an org that is capable of handling the task. But I still want the answers before we start the process.

Immediately after GW3, we all were wondering where 4 would be. I too hope that somewhere West of the Mississippi is able to step up and host the next one. I'd travel for it. Might have to take 2 weeks or more off from life just so I could drive to wherever and cache along the way, but I'm game :)

Texas would be great. Washington would be wonderful. And even San Francisco would be an excellent venue. My only request is that time of year be considered based on the climate of the hosting area. Meaning don't have us in WA during a blizzard and please don't hold an event in TX when temps are pushing 100.

I don't want to step on any toes here, but in defense of the FL group that's suggested this proposal idea involve a committee, it's a good thing. Handling a group of 500+ attendees is NOT an easy task. I think over the last 3 years GW has grown considerably with each one. Perhaps the first was easier to plan because there were less attendees. Have any of the neigh-sayers thought of that? This event will continue to grow and chances are that next year's will involve more attendees than GW3.

A good organization realizes this change and changes the format for how the event location and hosting group is decided upon. Rather than 1 person making a decision, several folks are involved in the decision. I see nothing wrong with that and am surprised by all the negativity towards the OP regarding requirements for hosting GW4.

An event like this is a HUGE undertaking. I for one appreciate the extra steps that are being implemented to insure I have a fantastic time next year. And so should all of you. Sheesh.

Hmmm... no doubt a HUGE undertaking, but... if some org (WSGA? gc.com?) here in WA hasn't already inquired, than I dare say - a GW here in the "World Headquarters of Geocaching" would seem mighty appropo, no?

We surely have waaaay more than enough cache "density" in most every blessed corner! :)

RightWingW? Jeremy? - or maybe nay 'cuz gc's not an org?

I'd love to see it held in the Pacific Northwest, but I do not hold any official capacity in the WSGA nor do I want to. I used to do some event planning for tradeshows and I understand the huge work it took to pull off this year's event. I'll leave it to the folks who know how to do it best.

Personally I felt that GW was more of an east coast event. It's hard for most folks to travel long distances so I'd expect a more eastern location. But I don't know how the event organizers feel.

Champoeg 2005 seems to be the big event here.

However as I stated earlier, someone has to make the ultimate decision and live with it.

Why does it have to be any single person? I think everyone who wants to, should have an equal voice in it.

Here's my suggestion:

Let everyone who is interested in hosting GW 4 submit a proposal. Provide a deadline as to when all proposals have to be in. We then take a poll and let the community as a whole decide.

A community event should have community say.

However as I stated earlier, someone has to make the ultimate decision and live with it.

Why does it have to be any single person? I think everyone who wants to, should have an equal voice in it.

Here's my suggestion:

Let everyone who is interested in hosting GW 4 submit a proposal. Provide a deadline as to when all proposals have to be in. We then take a poll and let the community as a whole decide.

A community event should have community say.

Great idea WH...but someone still has to make the final decision.

El Diablo

Let the poll decide.

A poll might work, but understand that there was a single guy that thought up the whole idea. To sidestep him would be like side stepping me with the magazine, or my hiking staffs.

So far he's doing a great job so let him run with it. Like I said earlier there are less than a dozen organizations that can put this event together. Let's wait and see who steps forward and then we can voice an opinion, and then support it.

El Diablo

Let the poll decide.

A poll might work, but understand that there was a single guy that thought up the whole idea. To sidestep him would be like side stepping me with the magazine, or my hiking staffs.

So far he's doing a great job so let him run with it. Like I said earlier there are less than a dozen organizations that can put this event together. Let's wait and see who steps forward and then we can voice an opinion, and then support it.

El Diablo

Speaking of the Mag, Umm errr we had the locks changed on the door and cant find your copy of the key. Sorry. :)

Let the poll decide.

El Diablo

If we as a community are supposed to sit back and let whomever submit whatever GW 4 event they want then this thread is pointless.

Why bother receiving proposals, ideas or the such if JoGPS or anyone else will just submit it for whereever and whenever they choose?

Thanks El D for being a voice of reason. This whole thread is simply designed to try and find who has the capabilty and desire to host an event of this size and scale.

The whole concept that everyone is upset over a committee to decide is nothing any different than the past. It was decided last year by Joe that each year as new Woodstock events were held that a comiittee would be formed made of of the past event organizers to select the next site for the upcoming Woodstock event. As the primary contact person for GW3 I am simply the voice for that group of past GW organizers. The complexity of putting on an event of this size and scale is much different that putting on a local event. Just look at the responses so far in this thread and you will see what I mean. We all are concerned that GW4 not get off to the start that GW3 got off to last year and that is the reason we tried to do a formal invitation process. That way every area would feel that they had ample oppurtunity to present why they feel they should host the event and no one would feel left out of the process. We are not going into this with any preconcieved notions about what the event should or shouldn't be we are simply concerned with the resources that the group that takes Woodstock will be sufficent and it meets the needs of the majority of cachers who will attend.

If cachers want to debate the merits or concerns of GW3 please start another thread for that purpose. But please respect the cachers in this thread who want to discuss why they want to host GW4.

Let the poll decide.

El Diablo

Speaking of the Mag, Umm errr we had the locks changed on the door and cant find your copy of the key. Sorry. :)

You can find it at Today's Cacher

El Diablo

Let the poll decide.

El Diablo

If we as a community are supposed to sit back and let whomever submit whatever GW 4 event they want then this thread is pointless.

Why bother receiving proposals, ideas or the such if JoGPS or anyone else will just submit it for whereever and whenever they choose?

You have to have a little trust here. So far he has done great. If it aint broken...don't fix it.

El Diablo

Why ask for the community say if their opinion can just be tossed aside simply because a single person (regardless of who they are) decides it?

Anyone can host an event. If they want to call it "GeoWoodstock" they really should get the blessing of those that have run GeoWoodstock already. That's what the whole "submit your proposal" thing is all about. It doesn't matter what you or I want from the event, right now the only thing that matters is finding a group that is capable of handling it. Once that group is chosen, the caching community can ask that group to run it a certain way.

Don't put the cart before the horse

Since this is a request for proposals, does the original poster want me to pin the topic and lock it? It doesn't seem like this is really a discussion topic but more of an announcement.

The OP doesn't really ask for opinions on the matter, but proposals. General pooh poohing of the event can go into other threads, IMO.

WOW can things get nasty fast,

First let me say that NEFGA raised the bar way above GW2 and it will be hard to beat for GW4.

The committee for selection is made up of NEFGA and myself for GW4, GW5 will be NEFGA, myself and whom ever host GW5 and so on down the line to keep the flow of what the event is all about.

It is very important that someone from the new host org. to have been present at a GW event to see and feel, yes feel.

For those of you that did not attend there is no way for you to understand the feel of the atmosphere and how much fun everyone was having. It may be hard to believe but its unlike any event you have ever attended and the folks that did come can tell you that. Its like telling someone how good pie is but never had the chance to eat a piece, you can only guess what it taste like, it’s the feel and cannot be out into words. I have attended all most 100 events and there is nothing like it anywhere

There are 12 zillion events everywhere but only one EVENT where it started because of numbers, so yes its about the numbers, I personally found less than 10 cache while in Jacksonville for the weekend, does this change anything “NOPE” I had a blast and so did everyone in attendance that we have hear from. If anyone that was there had a bad time speak up now, it will be hard to find someone to say they did not enjoy them self’s, they were all smiles times 500 plus folks having to much fun. So yes “ITS ALL ABOUT THE NUMBERS “ the only event where it is, and not necessarily finding caches

The reason for the guidelines for hosting this event, simple it’s the largest event in the world and will continue to grow with the right org as long as good planning takes place. 75 folks the first year 250 the second and the third 500, now if you don’t think that takes a lot of planning and will power to make this happen, them get back in the truck and go to the house this ain’t a beer and wings event . …. .. JOE

The reason for the guidelines for hosting this event, simple it’s the largest event in the world and will continue to grow with the right org as long as good planning takes place. 75 folks the first year 250 the second and the third 500, now if you don’t think that takes a lot of planning and will power to make this happen, them get back in the truck and go to the house this ain’t a beer and wings event . …. .. JOE

While this years 500+ probably is the largest geo event to date, many regional events (including some I've helped with the organizing) draw several hundred people now adays. Even 500 people is still small potatoes to many non-geo events.

I helped organize this one one year, and we had more then 500 people waiting in line when we opened the gates. That event is organized with a very small core group (much smaller then just about ANY local org) and yet handles 10's of thousands of people every year.

My points are, don't rule out an area because it doesn't have a 100 member org or 1000 caches per square mile. A fairly small staff can easily organize a large event using volunteer attendants for much of the event-day grunt work, and fun isnt just measured in cache counts.

Well, I'm a member of the TxGA and I was THERE at GWIII.

I know we can handle an event of this size, because The Texas Challenge 2005 was about the same number in attendance.

I observed very closely how this event was organized and it very much resembeled this years challenge, sans the competition. We can handle it, but it's NOT up to me to say we actually WANT it. I do know that there's some interest.

We are central to the rest of the U.S. and we CAN (read have) handle (d) an event of this size. I think 9Key can provide the numbers for our last 2 challenges.

I personally would love to see it in Texas too, but after the fun I had at GWIII, I'll go ANYWHERE that it gets hosted for next year! :)

Sn :):) gans

Those are my personal opinions, and I am entitled to them...

...I could have been there and the only people who would have seen me would have been the people in my cache run. I feel (and I'm not the only one, just maybe the most vocal in the forums) that if there were less caches and organized runs, there would be more socializing. And isn't that what event caches were created for? To meet your fellow cachers and socialize? Signing in at a table at 8am and then heading out caching for the rest of the day is a blast, but it's really not socializing.

The question isn't whether you're entitled to an opinion but how informed that opinion is. Which in this case is - not very.

Those are my personal opinions, and I am entitled to them...

...I could have been there and the only people who would have seen me would have been the people in my cache run. I feel (and I'm not the only one, just maybe the most vocal in the forums) that if there were less caches and organized runs, there would be more socializing. And isn't that what event caches were created for? To meet your fellow cachers and socialize? Signing in at a table at 8am and then heading out caching for the rest of the day is a blast, but it's really not socializing.

The question isn't whether you're entitled to an opinion but how informed that opinion is. Which in this case is - not very.

We weren't at GW3, so I guess our opinion is also "uninformed", but...PEOPLE, THIS IS A GAME! IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN! When too much political BS and personal shots get brought into any process it breaks down. There are too many people here trying to turn the whole GW thing into their personal pi**ing contest. It's like watching emotionally constipated people having a slapfight. Events have something for everyone. The event may have been billed as being about the numbers. However, if that's not your bag, find someone else of like mind and socialize. If you're into numbers, go jump on a wagon train. Events are what you make of them. Granted, planning and executing one is hard work, but you people are taking this far too seriously.

I suggest that this thread be locked and that the Federation open another one with "questions pertaining to proposal submission/hosting only" in the subtitle. That way only the groups who are seriously interested in hosting GW4 have a place to discuss.

Nope, I wasn't there.

Know why?

I had the means.

I had the money.

I had the time off from work and family obligations.

All factors that prevented me from going to the 1st 2 GeoWoodstocks.

Yet I still didn't go.

Why? Because I didn't care for the attitudes in the planning for GW3.

I didn't care for the hype.

I didn't care for the commercialization.

I didn't care for the fact that it was heavily promoted as being only about the numbers.

I didn't feel that what I saw leading up to GW3 honored the laid-back spirit of GW1 and 2, nor did I feel that it honored the spirit of why event caches were originally created in the first place.

Well you missed one heck of a great time. Period. The end. No other way to say it. Great time. Great.

Nope, I wasn't there.

Know why?

I had the means.

I had the money.

I had the time off from work and family obligations.

All factors that prevented me from going to the 1st 2 GeoWoodstocks.

Yet I still didn't go.

Why? Because I didn't care for the attitudes in the planning for GW3.

I didn't care for the hype.

I didn't care for the commercialization.

I didn't care for the fact that it was heavily promoted as being only about the numbers.

I didn't feel that what I saw leading up to GW3 honored the laid-back spirit of GW1 and 2, nor did I feel that it honored the spirit of why event caches were originally created in the first place.

Those are my personal opinions, and I am entitled to them. I'm sad I didn't get to see some old friends again and meet new ones, but it would have been hypocritical to support something I didn't believe in. I'm sure nobody missed me (and I bet quite a few are even glad I didn't attend :D) and my little "boycott" hurt no one. That's just the way I am. I don't buy products from companies that violate my beliefs, I won't work for companies I don't agree with. I'm sure it has no impact, but I sleep well at night.

My comment about density was a valid one, and one that has come up during the planning of our regional event (which has run as long as geowoodstock and has the same attendance in past years).

Several people commented about not seeing me there. I know it was meant as a slam, but really, with all the various guided cache mega-tours, I could have been there and the only people who would have seen me would have been the people in my cache run. I feel (and I'm not the only one, just maybe the most vocal in the forums) that if there were less caches and organized runs, there would be more socializing. And isn't that what event caches were created for? To meet your fellow cachers and socialize? Signing in at a table at 8am and then heading out caching for the rest of the day is a blast, but it's really not socializing.

I think GW4 could be just as successful and fun if it was more laid back. Less emphasis on the numbers, and more on meeting other cachers.  That was my suggestion in my previous post here, and if the replies (some since edited) here are any indication, I won't be at GW4 either. Pity, I really do enjoy traveling to other parts of the country to meet the people I see here in the forums and check out the local caches. But then I can still do that (and am doing just that in a few weeks with the money I saved by not attending GW3) without there being an event.

I think the whole "it's all about the numbers" issue is much over blown by those who are just looking for a reason to whine (as Mopar said "my personal opinions, and I am entitled to them"). No where in that slogan does it say "caches" as in "It's all about the number of caches you find". GW is "all about the numbers", the number of cachers you meet, the number of new friends you make, the number of caching stories you get to hear (and tell) and not to offend any of the "caching purists" but to some, yes it also is about the number of caches you can find on the weekend. No matter what number intrests you, you should be able to rack up any number of numbers at geowoodstock . Heck, I'd even be happy to add "number of forum whiners I met" because I bet that if they actually attended they'd have such a good time that would stop whining about GW.

I was at GW2 and GW3 was much more "laid back". Between the Friday night Meet & Greet and the event itself on Saturday, the event was as laid back of a social gathering as anyone could ask for. There was plenty of time to meet, mingle and get to know your fellow cachers. Sunday was the all about finding caches day. Many people participated in that, many did not. I led the 4x4 cache run through the Osceola National Forest. The "numbers" for that were that we (21 cachers from 4 states and 2 countries) traveled 150 miles, found 30 caches in 11 hours and had the time of our lives. All but one of those cachers I had met and spent time with at GW3 the day before but it was during the cache run I really got to know them and now consider all of them my friends. If you'd been there, I'm sure that Mopar would now be one of my new friends too. Maybe next year :D

back on sorta on topic -

I agree that a more central location would be nice (it was in my back yard this year so I can't complain about location) but where ever it is we'll be there!

No where in that slogan does it say "caches" as in "It's all about the number of caches you find". GW is "all about the numbers", the number of cachers you meet, the number of new friends you make, the number of caching stories you get to hear (and tell) and not to offend any of the "caching purists" but to some, yes it also is about the number of caches you can find on the weekend. No matter what number intrests you, you should be able to rack up any number of numbers at geowoodstock.

AMEN!

That's what it's all about.

9key....hurry up with that proposal so I can book my ticket to Texas!! I am getting tired of all the forum whiners.........step up to the plate people, and stop complaining about how,when and where the next GW should be held. If you think you can do a better job then have at it.

Like MANY people who attended GW3 can attest to the "numbers" does not always mean number of caches, if that were the case then I would have stayed home. Meeting the PEOPLE behind the geocaching names was the reason everyone I know attended.

Nickie...a proud member of the non-cache ho community

I agree that a more central location would be nice.

I don't think a place that is physically in the center of the country would make it any more accessable or desirable than any other location. As long as the venue is near a major airport that can be generally be reached by inexpensive airfare, that's all you need.

Any GW4 site will require the majority of the people who want to attend to fly there. Once you're on a plane it doesn't matter a whole lot if you are flying for 1 or 4 hours.

An argument can be made for placing it in an area that has a large concentration of geocachers. That way at least a good number of people won't have to travel. Montana is somewhat central, but because of the dearth of geocachers there pretty much everyone would be travellers. For this reason places like Sacramento, Seattle, the NYC tri state area, San Diego, Boston and similar areas would all be good choices even though they are not physically central.

Some perspective...

GeoWoodstock is an event. Champoeg is an event. For that matter, our local GGA meetings are events. The success in drawing people to these events is the organization of it and what is offered to make you *want* to come. Obviously GeoWoodstock and Champoeg both offer what people want since they are highly successful. There are many other examples of this, as has been noted in posts in this topic.

Originally I was not going to attend GW3 for the same reasons that Mopar suggested. I have seen most of that change over time and the organizers did a great job of giving everyone what they wanted. I don't care about the poker run game and nobody forced me to do it. I wanted to see the beach, and low and behold there was an established cache there for me to find to boot. I got exactly what I wanted out of the event since there were opportunities for all types of people, whether you were a rabid cacher or a relaxed cacher that day (I'm either at any given time).

If you don't like they way they do it then don't go. Create your own GeoEvent Utopia. If your idea is better than the rest then it will be successful over time just as the GeoWoodstock and the Champoeg concepts have. The important point is that this is JoGPS's idea. I'm sure the organizers of Champoeg would not like people hijacking their event and trying to turn it into something they don't want. I'm fine with that.

If you want to run this event based on the vision that JoGPS has by all means throw your hat into the ring. If you don't like JoGPS's concept, then you have two options:

1. Step aside and move on and let those that want to throw their hats in the ring do just that, or

2. Go out and create an event cache and try to do an international geocachers gathering the way you want to do it.

There is no reason why JoGPS and his committee cannot do this the way they want to (double negative, sue me).

The best events will be attended by lots of cachers. Feel free to step up to the plate.

I'm a member of several groups that do a yearly get together... most of them started out small with one or two people In Charge, then one year those people looked at each other (usualy with sleep-deprived eyes) and went "wow, this has gotten big, next year is going to need to be more organized". At some point, you need more structure to be able to cat herd, and serve as many facets of the community as possible.

I think the idea of asking groups to put in a bid for an event, and have it become something that travels all over the US (and even the world), is a perfectly valid one.

9key....hurry up with that proposal so I can book my ticket to Texas!! I am getting tired of all the forum whiners.........step up to the plate people, and stop complaining about how,when and where the next GW should be held. If you think you can do a better job then have at it.

Like MANY people who attended GW3 can attest to the "numbers" does not always mean number of caches, if that were the case then I would have stayed home. Meeting the PEOPLE behind the geocaching names was the reason everyone I know attended.

Nickie...a proud member of the non-cache ho community

Your ticket is covered.

As for the rest, who ever steps up to the plate can call the airlines and set up something where by cachers can get a small discount (5-10%) of off airfare into a near by airport. I set up something similar for GW III, though I have no idea if anyone used it or not it was there. They also offered a tie in with a rental car company(10% off). Flights into MCO(Orlando) or JAX(Jacksonville) were covered for one week before to one week after the event.

If your group ends up hosting feel free to email me and Ill fill you in on what I found out...

Ob

Does GeoWoodstock IV have to be in the USA, or would locations in other countries be considered too?

I'd assume they are, (or the question should be answered soon enough). If not someone could start a European version easy enough. There are certainly enough people in Europle to pull it off and make a great multi country event.Though I think you should burn the effigy of a cache to kick off the event. (To blatantly steal from Burning Man).

Edited by Renegade Knight

mtn-man, your are da man

He and the the federation explained it better, in words a whole lot kinder than I could have used.

Mopar, you have been whinning about this event since day one, get back in the truck and go to the house and stay there you are needed or wanted here, and its obvious you ain’t coming, you are just stirring the pot and for what reason. Oh yea I remember because you can

El Diablo, you are correct, I do believe where ever it's held there just needs be adequate caches for visitors to find,

WH, you said “ who are you who gave you the authority to decide where GW IV is hosted “ and also “

Why does it have to be any single person? I think everyone who wants to, should have an equal voice in it

“ read my earlier post, and I didn’t see your name on a big check to pay for the event that’s the best reason you don’t get to pick Hee Hee

LaPaglia, you said “Interesting questions. Did you guys have to provide all the answers to the above questions” yes they did and more, after this process there will be more question until we are sure we are picking the right group.

res2100, you asked “ Does GeoWoodstock IV have to be in the USA, or would locations in other countries be considered too?” until a time comes when the there is a great percentage ( like 25% ) of folks from outside the USA attending a GW here it would more than likely not be considered.

mrmnjewel, said “We weren't at GW3, so I guess our opinion is also "uninformed", but...PEOPLE, THIS IS A GAME! IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN! When too much political BS and personal shots get brought into any process it breaks down. There are too many people here trying to turn the whole GW thing into their personal pi**ing contest. It's like watching emotionally constipated people having a slapfight. Events have something for everyone. The event may have been billed as being about the numbers. However, if that's not your bag, find someone else of like mind and socialize. If you're into numbers, go jump on a wagon train. Events are what you make of them. Granted, planning and executing one is hard work, but you people are taking this far too seriously” thank you Sir

Finally GeoWoodstock is what it is, nothing more nothing less, it will not be changed to suit just a few in the forums it would be like any other event. I did not see it here anywhere in anyone’s post about cost. The event will remain free to all attending, feeding a group this size takes a lot of money where does everyone think it comes from, well I will tell you it comes from a lot of hard work from a lot of dedicated folks wanting share a good time to all in a sport where you can play for free. Is this a bad thing I don’t think so

I would like to see the event move all around the USA for all to experience the fun.

I do not have the final vote on where it goes it will be a joint decision between myself and NEFGA and pie may or may not be involved ……. JOE

Finally GeoWoodstock is what it is, nothing more nothing less, it will not be changed to suit just a few in the forums it would be like any other event. I did not see it here anywhere in anyone’s post about cost. The event will remain free to all attending, feeding a group this size takes a lot of money where does everyone think it comes from, well I will tell you it comes from a lot of hard work from a lot of dedicated folks wanting share a good time to all in a sport where you can play for free. Is this a bad thing I don’t think so

:rolleyes:

mtn-man, your are da man

He and the the federation explained it better, in words a whole lot kinder than I could have used.

Mopar, you have been whinning about this event since day one, get back in the truck and go to the house and stay there you are needed or wanted here, and its obvious you ain’t coming, you are just stirring the pot and for what reason. Oh yea I remember because you can

El Diablo, you are correct, I do believe where ever it's held there just needs be adequate caches for visitors to find,

WH, you said “ who are you who gave you the authority to decide where GW IV is hosted “ and also “

Why does it have to be any single person? I think everyone who wants to, should have an equal voice in it

“ read my earlier post, and I didn’t see your name on a big check to pay for the event that’s the best reason you don’t get to pick Hee Hee

LaPaglia, you said “Interesting questions. Did you guys have to provide all the answers to the above questions” yes they did and more, after this process there will be more question until we are sure we are picking the right group.

res2100, you asked “ Does GeoWoodstock IV have to be in the USA, or would locations in other countries be considered too?” until a time comes when the there is a great percentage ( like 25% ) of folks from outside the USA attending a GW here it would more than likely not be considered.

mrmnjewel, said “We weren't at GW3, so I guess our opinion is also "uninformed", but...PEOPLE, THIS IS A GAME! IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN! When too much political BS and personal shots get brought into any process it breaks down. There are too many people here trying to turn the whole GW thing into their personal pi**ing contest. It's like watching emotionally constipated people having a slapfight. Events have something for everyone. The event may have been billed as being about the numbers. However, if that's not your bag, find someone else of like mind and socialize. If you're into numbers, go jump on a wagon train. Events are what you make of them. Granted, planning and executing one is hard work, but you people are taking this far too seriously” thank you Sir

I would like to see the event move all around the USA for all to experience the fun.

I do not have the final vote on where it goes it will be a joint decision between myself and NEFGA and pie may or may not be involved ……. JOE

Thanks Joe, I wanted simple answers to a simple questions and you did just that.

mtn-man, your are da man

Can I get an AMEN!!! :rolleyes:<_<

We attended GW III from California. We had a great time. I think everyone there had a great time. We will go to wherever it is next year. It was the most organized event I have seen.

Thanks to everyone who did a great job on an outstanding event.

Mike

Escapades

mtn-man, your are da man

Just my opinion, but I think a lot of the angst in this thread wouldn't have happened if YOU had started this thread, or posted to it sooner, so everyone knew you were "in the loop". Most of the people complaining knew this was your event and wanted to make sure you were still behind it.

mtn-man, your are da man

He and the the federation explained it better,  in words a whole lot kinder than I could have used.

Just my opinion, but I think a lot of the angst in this thread wouldn't have happened if YOU had started this thread, or posted to it sooner, so everyone knew you were "in the loop". Most of the people complaining knew this was your event and wanted to make sure you were still behind it.

Just when you thought the angst was over. Lets blame JoGPS for not posting fast enough. Can we please return this thread to planning for GWIV, instead of assesing blame.