Blank Pages Sometimes (firefox Js Error?)

prm

It's interesting - I get a blank white page every so often (maybe 15% of the time) when I'm in the forums. If I shut down Firefox, restart it, and go back in, then I can usually view the page that failed to load....

If there's something I can do to help anyone figure this out, I'm game to try. Of course, it may be a "who cares?" issue, which is ok, too.... ;-)

Cheers,

Phil

[Just checked - pages that will not load with Firefox, such as the "edit avatar" page, load just fine with IE on the same machine, so it seems to be a FF problem...]

Edited by prm

I use Firefox also, and I have various problems from time to time. I did some checking of the running processes on my computer when this happens and found that some things were running that should not have been & were causing this. This includes the "white page" that you see.

When you hit CTRL-ALT-DEL and look at the Applications tab, all appears normal. Then look at the Processes tab, and you will probably find an application that you closed recently that didn't clear properly. End the process and the page should pop up. At least this works for me. One of the applications that does this is Firefox. You may see several instances of this running in the Processes.

By the way, I run Windows XP Pro with SP1. I had all kinds of problems with SP2 installed that cleared up after I got rid of that.

Hope this helps answer you question.