I don't mind taking the survey, here ya go.
1. How did you first hear about geocaching? We saw something about it on tv and we already had a gps so we decided to give it a try and have been hooked ever since.
2. Tell me about your first cache? Our first cache was at a little park on the beach here in Hampton Roads, VA. I am a wheelchair user and the terrain where the cache was was a little rough so Chip went to find it while I stayed on the phone with him. He brougt the micro cache to me and we opened it together and signed. It wasn't the best cache in the world but it was fun hunting it down.
3. Have you had any bad/scary experiences caching? I can't say we have had any bad experiences. Something that made Chip jump when he found a cache was, a cacher who had showed up just before we did had put a motion detector in the cache that went off when you opened the cache. I wasn't with him when he opened it, I was in the car with him on the phone because of the terrain again but he said he jumped a mile when he opened it and it started beeping at him like crazy. Wish I had seen it though, lol.
4. What is the #1 reason you geocache? The challenge is fun and the rewarding feeling you get when you find one.
5. Do you prefer to hunt or hide? We have not hidden any yet but I look forward to doing so, I do enjoy the hunt even though I don't actually get to do the actual hunting alot unless it is accessible.
6. What was your favorite cache place? Why? I'm sure Chip would tell you the few we did in Gettysburg, PA because he loves civil war stuff. Althought the beautiful park caches are really nice they are not reall accessible for me. I enjoy the creative urban caches I find (like the ones resembling a part of a light pole, not the LPC's, but the one's people take time to think out and build).
7. What was your worst cache? Why? The ones we have not found. We had a cache this past weekend in a park that we could not find. I emailed the cache owner and told them they may want to check it out. Come to find out it was there about 5 ft out of place but still there. Those are the ones that drive you crazy. We also had what I know had to be an LPC that we couldn't find but people after our visit did find. That one drives me crazy too.
8. Have you ever attened a cache event? We have gone to a couple of the local Hampton Roads Geocachers picnics. We were supposed to go the the PA Geocoinfest this past weekend but our van broke down.
9. Tell me your best caching story? Each caching adventure is an event in itself. We really don't have any cache finds or dnf's that we consider being the best. They have just been our typical geocaching hunt except maybe the previously mentioned one about Chip getting scared from that motion detector. That was pretty funny at the time
There ya go, hope your paper turns out with an A+